What's new? 🚀
Push notifications are small, pop-up messages we send to a user’s device that appear even when the app isn’t open (except private chat notifications). Push notifications are a powerful communication channel that can reach event participants anytime, whether or not they are currently in the event, to capture their attention and reengage them.
How do push notifications work?
- If the user’s device/browser supports push notifications, they will be asked to grant access to send the notifications once the participant has reached either “Announcements” or “Private chat” view.
- Announcement push notifications are always shown regardless of whether the application is currently open or not.
- Private chat notifications are shown only if the user is not currently on the chat page.
- Push notification will be received by all participant devices in which he/she is logged in and has granted access to.
- The notifications can be turned on later on even if the user chooses to reject the access.